Maximizing Coil Longevity: The Impact of 100% VG E-Liquids and Tips for Prolonging Coil Life
As vapers, we all want to ensure our vaping experience is as smooth and enjoyable as possible. One factor that can impact the quality of our vaping experience is the lifespan of our coils. A key consideration in this regard is the type of e-liquid we use, and in this article, we will explore the impact of 100% VG e-liquids on coil longevity.
Before we delve into the topic at hand, let's briefly touch on what 100% VG vape juice is. These e-liquids are made entirely from vegetable glycerin, which is a natural substance derived from plant oils. Unlike traditional e-liquids that typically contain a combination of VG and PG, 100% VG e-juice has no PG content. This makes them an attractive option for vapers who are sensitive to PG or who want a smoother vaping experience.
Now, let's talk about how using 100% VG e-liquids can impact the lifespan of your coils. One of the key differences between 100% VG vape liquids and traditional e-liquids is their viscosity. 100% VG e-juice is thicker than traditional e-liquids, which can put extra strain on your coils. This is because the thicker e-liquid requires more heat to vaporise, which can lead to increased wear and tear on your coils over time.
However, the impact of 100% VG e-liquids on coil longevity is not necessarily negative. In fact, there are ways to optimise your vaping experience with 100% VG e-liquids and extend the life of your coils. Here are some tips for prolonging coil life when using 100% VG e-juice:
- Prime your coils: Properly priming your coils before using them can help prevent dry hits and extend their lifespan. This is especially important when using 100% VG, which can be thicker and require more time to saturate your coils. To prime your coils, simply add a few drops of e-liquid to each coil before installing them in your tank.
- Use lower wattage: Using a lower wattage can help reduce the strain on your coils when using 100% VG e-liquids. This is because lower wattage requires less heat to vaporise the thicker e-liquid, which can help prevent coil burnout.
- Clean your coils regularly: Regularly cleaning your coils can help remove any buildup that may be affecting their performance. This is especially important when using 100% VG e-liquids, which can leave behind more residue due to their thicker consistency.
- Avoid chain vaping: Chain vaping, or taking repeated puffs in quick succession, can put extra strain on your coils and lead to overheating. This is especially true when using 100% VG e-liquids, which require more heat to vaporise. To extend the life of your coils, take breaks between puffs and avoid chain vaping.
- Choose high-quality coils: Using high-quality coils can help ensure that they are durable and can withstand the strain of using 100% VG vape liquids. Look for coils that are specifically designed for use with thicker e-liquids and have a reputation for longevity. We discuss about this in this article.
In conclusion, using 100% VG can impact the lifespan of your coils, but with the right techniques, you can optimise your vaping experience and extend the life of your coils. By properly priming your coils, using lower wattage, cleaning them regularly, avoiding chain vaping, and choosing high-quality coils, you can enjoy a smoother and more enjoyable vaping experience with 100% VG e-liquids.